Saturdays at 3pm
St Mary’s Church, Painswick
Tea with homemade sandwiches and cakes is available after the concert
March 30th 2019
The British vocal ensemble VOCES8 is now established as one of the most versatile and best loved singing groups.Touring extensively throughout Europe, North America and Asia, the ensemble perform a repertory from Renaissance polyphony to contemporary commissions and arrangements.
This will feature composers Byrd, Britten, Rachmaninov and composer-in residence Jonathan Dove. They will also perform trademark jazz and pop arrangements from Nat King Cole, Van Morrison and Duke Ellington.
April 13th 2019
Stephen Hough – piano
Stephen Hough’s steady ascent to the summit of his profession exhibits equally supreme mastery of his instrument and the deep humanity from which it has flowered.
- Chaconne: Bach/Busoni
- Berceuse: Busoni
- Sonata No.2 in B flat minor Op.35: Chopin
- Sonata No 4 Vida breve Hough
- Funerailles: Liszt
- Mephisto Waltz (Bagatelle without tonality): Liszt
- Mephisto Waltz No.1: Liszt
May 4th 2019
The award winning Carducci Quartet is internationally acclaimed as one of the most accomplished and versatile ensembles of today.
- Quartet Op.18 No.4 in C minor: Beethoven
- Quartet No.1 in A minor Op.7: Bartok
- Quartet No.2 in D major: Borodin
May 11th 2019
Julian Bliss – clarinet
Robert Bottriell – piano
One of the world’s finest clarinettists.
- Drei Fantasiestucke (Three Fantasy Pieces) Op.73: Schumann
- Sonata for Solo Clarinet: Olah
- Grand Duo Concertant Op.48: Weber
- Premiere Rhapsodie for Solo Clarinet: Debussy
- Sonata in F minor Op.120 No.1: Brahms